CCBC Definition of General EducationCCBC’s General Education Program introduces students to a variety of disciplines that build a common foundation of knowledge that promotes responsibility, critical thinking and lifelong, independent learning. General Education courses prepare students to meet the personal, academic, and career challenges of today and tomorrow as empowered citizens of a global society.
Students will gain experience and skills in:
- written and oral communication;
- critical analysis and reasoning;
- technological competence;
- information literacy;
- scientific and quantitative or logical reasoning
- local and global diversity, and
- personal and professional ethics.
Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Category Definitions and CCBC Criteria
Category Criteria are for the following areas: