Transmission PoliciesAll video transmission requests must be made to the Director of Cable Television.
Requests for promotion of academic programs, events or service should be requested on a Bulletin Board Promo form. Completed forms will be evaluated and the decision to accept or reject the program will be communicated verbally via telephone and confirmed in writing either through e-mail, memo or formal correspondence through the U.S. Mail.
Once a program is accepted for airing, the Director of Cable Television will prepare an agreement clarifying commitments for both CCBC-TV and the client.Additionally, the following contingencies apply:
- Programming agreements will be reviewed for renewal upon contract termination date. It should not be assumed that a program would automatically be renewed. A new cablecasting agreement form will be issued to confirm contract renewal
- The station reserves the right to terminate transmission agreement if the technical or aesthetic standard of the program deteriorates any time during the duration of the agreement.
- Programs for transmission must be received by CCBC-TV no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled airtime in order to review them for adherence to technical and aesthetic standards.
- Programs can be pre-empted or removed from air at the discretion of the CCBC-TV team if its content or technical quality deviates in any way from terms listed above. The team's decisions are final.
- CCBC-TV is not responsible for problems with the delivery of a program caused by equipment failure, technical problems from Comcast, or the program source (tape, satellite etc.) CCBC-TV will not offer refunds for programs not aired unless the failure was caused by a programming error.