Interactive Media Certificate, Credit Certificate
The Interactive Media Certificate prepares students to design and develop computer-based media for communications purposes. Through hands-on projects, students gain a solid foundation in the use of interaction, multimedia scripting, hardware and software for media development, and team-oriented project authoring.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
1. create cross-platform interactive media products incorporating text, graphics, animation, video, scripted interaction, and sound;
2. apply team concepts to the development of interactive media;
3. design and use storyboards for the layout and implementation of interactive media projects;
4. create and integrate interactive multimedia assets into screen-based applications;
5. develop graphical user interface components; and
6. apply ethical practices concerning copyright, usability, and accessibility to the development of interactive media products.
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 21*
The Interactive Media Certificate prepares students to design and develop computer-based media for communications purposes.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
Program Coordinators, Fine Arts and Design:
Art, Design, and Interactive Media AFA/AA Area of Concentration:
CCBC Westside (Catonsville and Owings Mills)
CCBC Eastside (Essex and Dundalk)
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 21 Credits
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College. This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.NOTE: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college are advised to check the transferability of all their electives before registering. This can be done online through the ARTSYS Web site at http://artweb.usmd.edu.