Get started in one of the nation’s fastest growing fieldsCCBC’s Health Informatics and Information Technology (HIIT) program will help prepare you for a career in the fastest growing, non-clinical healthcare profession in the country.
The field of Health Information Management is unique in its combination of informational science, healthcare, and computer technology–and it’s growing. Since the 2014 adoption of a federal mandate to implement electronic healthcare records, the field has rapidly evolved and expanded. Skill sets for HIIT professionals now include technical expertise in specialized areas including medical coding, relational database management, data analytics, data communications, programming, and systems analysis.
The CCBC HIIT program will help you build these skills and give your employment prospects a serious boost. Because the program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), CCBC graduates are eligible to apply for the national certification examination to become a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT). The RHIT certification lets employers know that you have the in-demand knowledge and skills they need, opening doors for your career.
CCBC’s online Health Informatics and Information Technology program gives you:
- The convenience, flexibility and independence of online learning.
- Cutting-edge knowledge and skills earned through rigorous online coursework at CCBC.
- The highest level of quality and expertise: CCBC’s HIIT program is fully accredited by CAHIIM
- Preparation for the industry recognized RHIT certification.
- Preparation to transfer to continue your education, with transfer agreements to American Public University and Peirce College.
Learn more about the HIIT program »
Apply now for the Health Informatics and Information Technology (HIIT) online option!Apply to CCBC »
As you complete your application, be sure to…
- Choose the Online Degree Program application type
- Choose your admission term
- Choose Health Informatics & Information Technology as your Program of Study
- Under Tell us your interests, choose Earn a degree online