Medical AssistingLearn to work in an ambulatory care setting and perform front and back office skills.
Curriculum approved by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), and offers the following certifications: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT).
PELL funding is available. Learn more at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Selective Entry- the Medical Assistant program requires an application process. Please contact Program Support Staff for more information.
Medical Assisting Courses
- AHE 534 Medical Terminology for Health Occupations
- AHE 125 Introduction to Health
- AHE 641 Introduction to Health Care Systems
- WOA 064 Basic Math for the Health Care Worker
- AHC 360/AHL 719 HIPAA Training/HIPAA Training Online
- AHE 519/AHE 672 Anatomy and Physiology for Health Occupations
- AHE 796 Basic Patient Intake
- AHE 802 Basic EKG Technician Training
- AHL 929 Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- AHE 577 Pharmacology
- AHE 528 Medicine Administration
- AHE 525 Venipuncture and Specimen Collection Techniques
- AHE 578 Intermediate Patient Intake
- AHL 721 Introduction to Laboratory Techniques
- VOB 029 Professional Preparation for the Health Care Worker
- AHE 805 CPR for Health Care Providers
- AHE 122 Medical Assistant Practicum I
- AHE 123 Medical Assistant Practicum II
- AHL 674 Venipuncture Clinical Externship* (optional)
*Successful completion of each module is necessary to advance to the next module.