Surgical TechnologistThis course series prepares students to take the national certification exam to become a certified surgical technologist.
Surgical Technologists play an integral role in the surgical team in both hospitals and surgi-centers. Under the supervision of a surgeon, responsibilities include room preparation, surgical equipment and supply set-up, and patient transport. They also assist the surgical team with putting on sterile gloves/gowns and passing instruments and other sterile supplies during procedures.
Outcomes Assessment Exam results as reported on our recent Annual Report to ARC/STSA and CAAHEP.
Reporting year 2014 results: 100% pass rate
PELL funding is available. Learn more at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Selective Entry- the Surgical Technologist program requires an application process. Please contact Program Support Staff for more information.
- Basic Math Skills for the Health Care Worker
- Medical Terminology for Health Occupations
- Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Care Worker
- CPR for the Health Care Worker
- HIPAA Training
Surgical Technologist Courses
- Introduction to Surgical Technology
- Introduction to Suture and Surgical Instruments
- Surgical Technology II
- Technological Sciences for the Surgical Technologist
- Surgical Pathology and Procedures I
- Surgical Anatomy and Pathology I
- Introduction to Hospital Setting*
- Surgical Pathology and Procedures II
- Surgical Anatomy and Pathology II
- Surgical Technology Skills Laboratory
- Clinical A, B, C, D*