CCBC resources for ESOL students
CCBC programs and activities related to world cultures
- International Students Association (at Essex) and International Club (at Catonsville): These are student organizations with social and cross-cultural activities. Most club members are from countries outside the U.S., but all students are welcome.
- Global Initiatives Student Club (at Catonsville): This is a student club with cross-cultural activities and learning for students who are interested in the world. It is a mix of international and U.S. students.
- Intercultural Dialogues Program (all campuses): International students can volunteer to share their culture with American students in class and gain valuable practice with public speaking.
- Global Distinction Program (all campuses): Students can join a special program of classes and activities that focus on world issues.
- Multicultural Student Association (all campuses): This student group promotes the expression of cultural differences through poetry, art, music, dance, storytelling and debates.
- Student Life Office (all campuses): Students can join clubs, take trips, and join activities on and off campus.
CCBC resources for student to enhance English skills
ESOL Resources - All language skill areas
- EnglishPage: Resource with explanations and activities for grammar, reading and listening.
- ESOL links maintained by The Internet TESL Journal
- The English Club
- Interesting things for ESL students
- A guide to English as a 2nd language
- A comprehensive ESOL Web site from Brown University
- The ESL link site
- Practice activities
- Collocation activities