Developmental Education and Special Academic Programs
- CCBC’s Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) being replicated in nearly 200 colleges and four entire states across the country.
- 81% of CCBC students require remedial course work in at least one area (English, Math or Reading) and many have needs in all three areas.
- Created new pathways to accelerate learning in English, Math, and Reading. Pass rates in gateway courses doubled.
- Initiated an intrusive model of student support services for students who repeatedly fail developmental course.
- 78% of students participating in a performance-based scholarship pilot initiative persisted from Fall 2012 to Spring 2013.
- Embedded a Financial Literacy curriculum in the ACDV 101, benefiting 12,211 in Spring 2011 to Fall 2012.
Sample of funded grants
New and Continuing Grant Awards 2013/2014
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Sub-grant with LaGuardia Community College Global Skills for College Completion||$97,600|
|William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Sub-grant with Teachers College, Columbia University - Scaling Innovation: Examining the Replication of Deeper Learning Instructional Reforms in Developmental Education||$357,850|
|The Abell Foundation Strive for Excellence Performance-Based Scholarship Program||$170,750|
|Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) MCACGP Higher Education Student Persistence: Partnering Academic Counseling & Tutoring (PACT)||$75,960|
|Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) MCACGP Higher Education Student Persistence: CCBC Math Intensive Care Unit (MICU)||$69,209|
|The Kresge Foundation Pathways to and through College Initiative: Growing the Accelerated Learning Program||$500,000|
|Citi Foundation Money Matters 101||$25,000|
|Bank of America Charitable Foundation, Sub-grant with Achieving the Dream, Inc.
Financial Empowerment Strategies for Student Success
|Citi Foundation Financial Literacy Across the Curriculum Program||$40,000|
New and Continuing Grant Awards 2014/2015
|Citi Foundation Save Me Part III||$50,000|
|Citi Foundation Save Me: Virtual Visit to Your Financial Future||$40,000|
|Higher One Financial Literacy Counts||$3,000|
|The Kresge Foundation Pathways to and through College Initiative: Growing the Accelerated Learning Program (ALP)||$150,000|