Campus AlertCampus Alert is a free messaging service for the CCBC community that keeps you posted when any part of the college is closed for just about any reason.
Campus alert is a smart and convenient way to get the news about closings and delays and to stay safe.Register now for Campus Alert
Campus Alert frequently asked questions:
Who should use Campus Alert?
- Parents and other family members
- Faculty and staff
- Community members who use CCBC facilities
How does Campus Alert contact me in an emergency?
- Text message to your mobile phone
- Voice call to any phone
- text messaging to your mobile phone
- voice calls to your mobile phone
- voice calls to your home phone
- voice calls to your parent’s, spouse’s or other family member’s phone
In the event of an emergency, Campus Alert will contact you via all of these methods to ensure you get the message.
What information will Campus alert send?
Campus alert will send you:
- Specific information regarding class interruptions or college closings
- Timely warnings on crime activity on or around the campuses
- Immediate notification of evacuations and/or shelter-in-place orders regarding weather or public safety events
Will there be any ads or other non-emergency messages sent through Campus Alert?
How long will I remain in the system after I register?
Faculty and Staff will be enrolled indefinitely and occasionally checked against CCBC records.
Do my mobile service providers fees apply for text messaging and cell phone calls from Campus Alert?
Yes. While there is no fee for the Campus Alert system, depending on your mobile service agreement, you may incur a charge from your mobile carrier just you would for any incoming message and call. Check with your mobile carrier to see if this applies to you.