Labor(regulation of unions-CE
LRE 001 – Career Exploration
This course is designed to teach students how to prepare for a possible lay-off, how to cope during the lay off, and how to be proactive during the change process of finding new employment opportunities.
1. describe the lay-off process and the time frame,
2. demonstrate an understanding of a union workers rights under the current UAW/GM National Agreement,
3. list one's skills and identify jobs which fit these skills,
4. list five sources of available job opportunities,
5. customize a resume appropriate for a particular job,
6. demonstrate an enhanced ability to do an effective interview, and
7. demonstrate an understanding of a worker¿s basic legal rights in the workplace.