Manufacturing Trng Process-CE
MTP 090 – MATH FOR MACHINISTS
1. Demonstrate understanding of decimal place value, and rounding and comparing decimals.
2. Explain the use of exponents in machine tooling.
3. Demonstrate understanding of the Pythagorean Theorem.
4. Solve trigonometric problems successfully.
MTP 098 – Basic Blueprint Reading
This course is designed to introduce the machine tool trainee to blueprint reading and interpretation of engineering drawings. Topics include: machine operations, orthographic drawings, reference planes, location of surfaces, geometric symbols and machining parameters.
1. Interpret orthographic drawing views.
2. Determine reference planes, location of surfaces and location of machining parameters.
3. Determine required tools and materials to produce finished machinery, and draw sketches of parts to be machined.
4. Demonstrate understanding of tolerances and machine operations that will be performed.
MTP 131 – Mathematics for the Warehouse
Learn the basic mathematical skills required for employment in the warehousing field. Topics include metric measurements, percentages, decimals, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers.
1. demonstrate the ability to measure length, width, and height of containers in metric units;
2. demonstrate the ability to weigh containers in metric units;
3. develop the ability to calculate profit and loss;
4. develop the ability to calculate profit;
5. develop the ability to measure volume of containers in metric units; and
6. demonstrate the ability to calculate using whole numbers and decimal skills to manage inventory.
MTP 132 – Reading and Writing for the Warehouse
Learn the reading and writing skills required for work in the warehousing field. Topics include reading comprehension, reading to perform a task and writing to inform. Intended for students with disabilities.
1. demonstrate the ability to read invoices,
2. demonstrate the ability to read purchase orders,
3. demonstrate the ability to read shipping records and guidelines,
4. develop the ability to write inventory reports,
5. develop the ability to keep shipping logs,
6. demonstrate the ability to read safety rules, and
7. demonstrate the ability to read company handbooks and policies.
MTP 138 – MACHINING SKILL ENHANCEMENT
1. use computer numeric control equipment to produce specified parts within specified tolerances;
2. use mills to produce specified parts within specified tolerances; and
3. develop the ability to follow blueprints, procedures, and supporting documentation.
MTP 139 – Surface Grinder I
The course is designed to provide the machine tool trainee with surface grinder machine operation skills. Topics to be covered include proper wheel selection, grinding, specific applications, mounting and dressing wheels, magnetic chicks, vises, and safe equipment operation.
1. select proper grinding wheels for particular applications;
2. develop the ability to mount and dress wheels;
3. develop the ability to install and use the magnetic shucks, vises, and other fixtures; and
4. perform all normal grinding operations in a safe productive manner.