Careers - CE
VOB 029 – Professional Preparation for the Health Care Worker
Become more marketable in the health care field by learning about the availability of health careers in the Baltimore-Washington area. Learn how to develop resumes, compose letters and prepare for job interviews.
1. discuss the availability of positions in the local health care field,
2. identify the most important elements of a resume,
3. develop a resume in proper format,
4. identify appropriate interview strategies and participate in mock interviews, and
5. develop short and long-term professional development goals.
VOB 030 – Project Management Educational Course Series
This course is designed to enable the student to learn the core disciplines of Project Management as contained in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and to meet the educational requirements to qualify for the Professional Management Profession (PMP) certification exam. Students will examine the elements necessary to manage complex projects from planning and scheduling to project completion. Topics to be covered include the application process, review of the PMBOK, study techniques and study planning, and exam format review. Topics to be covered include PMBOK overview, project scheduling, estimating and budgeting, project teams, project risk, project monitor and control, contract management, and quality management.
VOB 031 – PMP Certification Preparation
Prepare for the exam for certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP). Review all project management processes and knowledge. Intended for practicing project managers.
1. explain all processes and knowledge areas of the Project Management,
2. describe the Project Management¿s guidelines,
3. complete and submit an application for exam certification,
4. identify Project Management publications and references for pre-examination review,
5. create a PMP® examination study plan, and
6. qualify to sit for the PMI® certification examination.
VOB 038 – Reiki for Health Care Professionals-Level I
Learn the history of the development of Reiki and how Qi (energy) is present in everything around us. Discover how Qi flows through the human body and how Reiki influences this flow and affects disease/wellness. By the end of the session, students will be able to apply their learning to a self-healing.
1. discuss the historical development of Reiki in the 1800s by Dr. Mikao Usui,
2. identify and explain the physiological and biological phenomenon that occurs with Reiki,
3. describe how Reiki influences the energy and wellness of the human body and bodily illnesses,
4. demonstrate an understanding of Reiki, and
5. demonstrate the ability to perform Reiki.
VOB 039 – Reiki for Health Care Professionals-Level II
Expand knowledge of Reiki and discover how to direct the Qi of others. Learn to perform hands-on positions and explain how Reiki affects the endocrine system of the human body. By the end of the session, students will be able to demonstrate Reiki on a peer and explain how to apply it in a clinical setting. Prerequisite: Reiki for Health Care Professionals - Level I.
1. identify hands-on positions and body symbols,
2. explain how the endocrine system responds to Reiki,
3. describe how to direct Qi energy of others,
4. demonstrate the ability to perform Reiki, and
5. discuss how to incorporate Reiki in a clinical setting.