Workplace Literacy - CE
WPL 105 – Writing Great Technical Documents
This course is designed to enable the student to learn how to write and read technical documents by sequencing ideas and developing an effective writing style. Topics to be covered include writing powerful sentences, reviewing punctuation, determining the purpose of a document, gathering information, and preparing an outline.
1. develop the ability to revise, format, and proofread technical documents;
2. describe the difficulties and benefits of writing great technical documents;
3. sequence ideas and develop an effective style;
4. determine the purpose of a document, gather information, and prepare an outline;
5. write powerful sentences and correct common sentence mistakes; and
6. explain the proper punctuation and the mechanical conventions of technical writing.