Global Education Advisory Board (GEAB)
The Global Education Advisory Board (GEAB) was established to provide a framework and oversight to ensure communication, collaboration, and cooperation between the various components of global education at CCBC and the successful completion of global education outcomes. GEAB is co-chaired by institutional leaders and includes liaisons or representatives from the academic schools, student activities, and other appropriate departments. It functions through regular meetings and a series of working subcommittees.
The Community College of Baltimore County, through a comprehensive and integrated Global Education program, will promote global citizenship and prepare learners to live and work in an interconnected and diverse world.
The CCBC Global Education initiative will empower students, faculty, administrators and staff with global perspectives and intercultural competencies, support internationalization for the internal and external community, and continuously assess to provide feedback as to our progress:
Empower students, faculty, administrators and staff with global perspectives and intercultural competencies:
• Embrace diversity through internationalizing the curriculum as preparation for careers and life in a global community.
• Facilitate learning and cross-cultural exchanges for an increasingly diverse population.
• Develop strategies for increasing participation in foreign language and travel studies.
• Provide programs for international exchange and experiential learning.
• Create systematic and systemic professional development.
• Support students enrolled in a globally intensive curriculum.
• Explore avenues for integrating life skills of interpersonal and intercultural significance into the curriculum
Support internationalization for the internal and external community:
• Provide a range of programs and services for international students studying on CCBC campuses and CCBC students who travel abroad for learning and working opportunities.
• Partner with other divisions of CCBC to develop an atmosphere that fosters growth, tolerance and improved student learning in our continuing efforts to increase understanding and cooperation for a better world.
• Develop connections and resources through external partnerships and internal initiatives.
• Establish CCBC as a cultural center in the region.
• Increase international visibility through such activities as library, flag, and world map displays.
Continuously assess to provide feedback as to our progress:
• Improve results of student assessment in core competencies and general education related to global perspectives and cultural appreciation
• Develop additional assessment tools as needed.
• Ensure a continuing evolution of the program
GEAB Organizational Structure and Committees