Catonsville Upward BoundUpward Bound is an intensive enrichment program that enhances the academic and personal growth of low-income and potential first-generation college students. The program is designed to help students with academic enrichment and career exploration.
Partnerships with targeted schools assist with program goals. Our target schools are:
Woodlawn, Lansdowne, Randallstown, Owings Mills High Schools, and Milford Mill Academy, and students that reside within 21207, 21227, or 21244 zip codes.
Are you Eligible?
- Rising 9th through 11th grade Baltimore County Public School students.
- Potential first generation college student — Neither parent has a bachelor's degree.
- Income Eligible — Eligible for a Pell Grant or 150% of federal government poverty level.
- Documented physical, emotional, learning disability.
Upward Bound provides academic instruction in a variety of subjects. Tutoring, counseling, mentoring, cultural enrichment, work-study programs, education or counseling services are designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students.
- Financial aid workshops
- College preparation skills workshops
- Cross curricular instruction
- Academy and career-based projects and lecture series
- Internships/externships shadowing
- Grade level specific seminars
- Early College Access planning and support
- Parent workshops
Apply online for consideration. Once your application has been reviewed, we will set an interview with the prospective student and parent(s)/guardian(s).