Active Employee BenefitsAll documents are made available to employees on SharePoint For other requests, please call CCBC Helpline: 443.840.4398
Health and Medical
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) (80/20)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In Network (OAPIN) (85/15)
- Kaiser (85/15)
- For CIGNA Plans - included in Cigna Plan Medical Premiums
- Kaiser - included in Kaiser Medical Premium
Emotional, drug/alcohol abuse treatment, both inpatient and outpatient, provided when pre-approved. Premium included in medical care plan.
Effective 07/01/12 the college changed its policy regarding the subsidizing of retiree health benefits. View the charts that outline the new OPEB.
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Traditional
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Preferred
- Benefit Strategies Health Spending Account $2,250
- Benefit Strategies Dependent Care (children under 13 and elder care) $5,000
- Basic Life Insurance is 1 times your salary with a minimum of $50,000 (90/10)
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available in multiples of $10,000 with a maximum of $100,000
- Long Term Disability Pays 60% after a 90 day waiting period
Individual or Family Coverage. Employee pays a rate in multiples of $10,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
Plan pays 60% of salary after disabled 90 calendar days. Employee pays 100% of premium.
- Maryland State Teacher’s Pension System (7% contributory)
- Optional Retirement Plan (non-contributory)
- Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System (7% contributory)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction authorization needed. Details available from each company. The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Temporary Hourly, Part Time and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) - Unlike a traditional, pretax 403(b), the Roth 403(b) allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees). Employees may contribute to the traditional pre-tax 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan - 457(b) offered through ING. Payroll deferred compensation salary reduction authorization needed. See Human Resources for application.
Legal Resources is a pre-paid legal voluntary benefit for advice, consultation and representation for commonly used legal services.
First Financial Federal Credit Union membership available to employees.
It's convenient, safe, reliable and saves time. No waiting for your check on payday. The money is already in your account, whether you are at work or on vacation. Mandatory payroll direct deposit allows employees the control and flexibility of directing their pay to different accounts at any bank, in any location.
Work and Family
Free personal advocates assisting you and any household member to resolve any issues.
Paid Leave Benefits
Academic, Bereavement, Sick Leave, Jury Duty, Religious Holidays, Military Leave, Sabbatical, Personal, Vacation, and Holidays.
Eligible full-time employees may qualify for waiver or reimbursement programs. Spouses and legal dependents up to age 22 are eligible for reimbursement with proof of successful completion and a C or better grade. Employee’s eligible for Tuition Assistance become eligible for the external Tuition reimbursement program the first semester after one calendar year of employment. Eligibility for waiver or reimbursement for CCBC courses begins after the completion of a 90 day probation for public safety and classified employees.
Academic Cash Award
Classified employees are eligible for a lump sum award of $500 for completion of an unduplicated college degree.
McDaniel College’s Educator’s Legacy Scholarship Program
CCBC is proud to offer an exciting new benefit to all benefits-eligible employees! Read more »
McDaniel College has extended its Educator’s Legacy Scholarship (ELS) program to CCBC benefits-eligible employees. CCBC is among the inaugural community college partners.
Children of ANY current full-time benefits-eligible CCBC employee with at least four years of continuous full-time employment are eligible to receive a scholarship valued at up to $100,000 over four (4) years. The scholarship will first take effect in the fall term 2017. The CCBC Employee Benefits Team will provide verification of employment.
Excellent teaching is McDaniel College's priority and its legacy. The College's expert faculty-mentors empower students to achieve their personal best, and many graduates go on to become top K-12 educators. Since 2010, four of McDaniel's graduates were named state Teachers of the Year, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year Michelle Shearer. McDaniel is ranked among Money Magazine's 50 Best Liberal Arts Colleges and offers more than 70 undergraduate programs of study. The personalized curriculum and student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every student. McDaniel College welcomes the sons and daughters of CCBC employees!Mandated Federal Benefits
Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Social Security.
Child Care Centers
Licensed child care centers are available on each of the three main campuses. Discounts are given to students and staff.
For Your Convenience
- ATM machines are available at each of the main campuses
- Check cashing with appropriate ID
- Free Parking