The Community College of Baltimore County has a comprehensive STEM initiative that includes job preparedness and career service strategies for STEM business sectors. We also prepare students for transfer to STEM academic programs.
CCBC STEM Initiatives:
- STEM Core — A program supported by a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant that provides students with an opportunity to accelerate through their required math courses, wrap around support in the form of a student support specialist, and opportunities for summer internships.
- STEM scholarship — Math Acceleration for STEM Students (MASS) is for students who are part of STEM Core. If they satisfy other requirements, they become eligible for an NSF funded scholarship that can extend through the first two semesters of their transfer school.
- STEM Advisory Board — The board consists of CCBC STEM faculty and staff, as well as external members of the STEM community from businesses, Baltimore County Public Schools and local universities. The board helps develop and expand annual outcomes for CCBC's emerging STEM initiative.
- STEM Programs — CCBC offers an expansive list of STEM and STEM related academic programs.
- STEM Enrichment — CCBC also provides an extensive list of STEM and STEM-related enrichment activities for students and members of the community.
- Baltimore County STEM Alliance (BCSA) — CCBC is a founding member of the BCSA, a cross-sector organization that centralizes, communicates and aligns STEM initiatives around and for Baltimore County.