The Community College of Baltimore County has a comprehensive STEM initiative that includes job preparedness and career service strategies for STEM business sectors. We also prepare students for transfer to STEM academic programs.
CCBC STEM Initiatives:
- STEM Scholarships- Through external and internal funding sources, CCBC provides scholarships to full-time students enrolled in STEM associate degree programs.
- Society of STEM Scholars- This student-led academic organization is dedicated to providing information to students regarding careers in STEM, opportunities for students to network with professionals in STEM fields and venues to enable STEM students to interact with each other.
- STEM Advisory Board- The board consists of CCBC STEM faculty and staff, as well as external members of the STEM community from businesses, Baltimore County Public Schools and local universities. The board helps develop and expand annual outcomes for CCBC's emerging STEM initiative.
- STEM Programs- CCBC offers an expansive list of STEM and STEM related academic programs.
- STEM Enrichment- CCBC also provides an extensive list of STEM and STEM-related enrichment activities for students and members of the community.
- Baltimore County STEM Alliance (BCSA): CCBC is a founding member of the BCSA, a cross-sector organization that centralizes, communicates and aligns STEM initiatives around and for Baltimore County.