Applying to the School of Health ProfessionsStudents who intend to apply for admission to one of the School of Health Professions programs at CCBC should follow these steps, in order.
All applications to SHP Programs are only available online.
Pre-Allied Health Information SessionsAttend an Information Session to learn more about CCBC’s School of Health Profession Programs.
Our advisors are ready to help with:
- Reviewing admissions requirements.
- Providing an overview of program requirements.
- Assisting with course selection and long term academic planning.
- Providing point-of-contact information for future advisement.
Step 1: Apply for admission to CCBC.
Step 2: Testing.
Step 3: Meet with an academic advisor.
Schedule an appointment with a Science and Health Careers Pathway advisor. Advisors can be found at the Essex, Dundalk and Catonsville campuses. To find your Science and Health Careers Pathway advisor, call or visit their office.
Step 4: Complete developmental courses and preadmission TEAS testing.
If you are applying to a nursing program, or to radiography or to the dental hygiene program, you must participate in pre-admission testing as well. Visit Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to pay for and to schedule testing dates and times.
Step 5: Pre-requisite and general education courses.
Enroll in and complete appropriate pre-requisite and general education courses. For program specific details, visit the desired program department page and look for the admissions packet.
Step 6: Apply to your SHP program.
The School of Health Professions uses the CCBC Central Application Service (SHP CAS) for all programs. The Dental Hygiene and Physician Assistant programs use DH CAS and CASPA respectively. For directions on applying to these programs, download the Dental Hygiene and Physician Assistant program application packets.
Printable directions for SHP CAS applicants.
To login and use the SHP CAS (for all other SHP programs):
- Complete steps 1-5 above
- Go to the CCBC School of Health Professions Central Application Service. We recommend that you use Firefox or Chrome.
- Create a CAS account
- Choose your program(s)
- Complete your application(s)
- You will need to verify your CCBC username and password in the “Supporting Information section.”
- Don’t remember your CCBC credentials? Retrieve them here »
Note: the non-refundable $50 application fee is due at the time of submission.
All additional documents and materials must be submitted to our office by the deadline, including copies of all external transcripts, CLEP scores, AP scores, evaluations of international transcripts, credit-by-exam scores, references, essays, etc. See Step 7 for specific directions.
Step 7: Submit.
It is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure that all documents have been uploaded or mailed to the SHP CAS and submitted to the SHP Admissions Office as required. Further direction is found in the SHP CAS application or in this downloadable copy.
- Submit all required paperwork through the SHP CAS.
- ALL official transcripts must be sent to both the SHP CAS and the CCBC Registrar's Office.
- This includes a transcript from CCBC sent to SHP CAS.
- You must submit the official transcript from every institution you have attended. We strongly recommend sending in all official transcripts no fewer than 6 weeks prior to the admission deadline. If you already have your up to date external transcripts on file at CCBC, then you only need to send them to SHP CAS.
- CCBC’s Office of the Registrar still requires external official transcripts for any school from which you want transfer of credit:
- If you have an international transcript, it must be course-by-course evaluated by an agency such as AACRAO International Education Services or WES World Education Services.
- If you have completed any courses that were in progress at the time you submitted your application, and if the courses are NOT taken at CCBC, you will need to provide those final grades to complete your application. Please send an unofficial copy of the transcript to us at the address below, or you may scan and attach to an email or fax to us at 443.840.1588.
Administration Building, Suite 100
7201 Rossville Boulevard
Baltimore, MD. 21237
Step 8: Initial contact.
Step 9: Current address.
Step 10: Decision letters.
NO ONE receives advance notice of status.
Step 11: Program acceptance.
Step 12: Wait list.
Step 13: Denied admission.
Note that if you have completed any courses that were in progress at the time of the original application, or if you have taken any new courses since the original application, you will have to update your academic history. You will also have to provide new transcripts to support the new grades.