Steps for SuccessStudents who intend to apply for admission to one of the School of Health Professions programs at CCBC should follow these steps, in order.
All applications to SHP Programs are only available online.
Note: Applicants who are accepting a seat into any of the Nursing programs or into the Anesthesia Tech program are required to pay a non-refundable $200 seat fee to accept their offer of admission and reserve their space in the program. The fee will be applied to the student account after the first several weeks of class. Students who accept the seat and then do not attend the program will not be eligible for a refund of the fee.
Step 1: Apply for admission to CCBC.
Step 2: Testing.
Step 3: Meet with an academic advisor.
Schedule an appointment with a Science and Health Careers Pathway advisor. Advisors can be found at the Essex, Dundalk and Catonsville campuses. To find your Science and Health Careers Pathway advisor, call or visit their office.
Step 4: Complete developmental courses.
If you are applying to a nursing, radiography, anesthesia tech or to the dental program, you must participate in pre-admission testing as well. Visit Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) to pay for and to schedule testing dates and times.
Step 5: Pre-requisite and general education courses.
Enroll in and complete appropriate pre-requisite and general education courses. For program specific details click here, select your program of interest from the left menu, and then open the admission packet on the right side of the page.
Step 6: Apply to your SHP program.
The School of Health Professions uses the CCBC Central Application System (CAS) for all programs. The Dental Hygiene and Physician Assistant programs use DH CAS and CASPA respectively. For directions on applying to these programs, download the Dental Hygiene and Physician Assistant program application packets.
To login and use the CCBC CAS (for all other SHP programs):
- Complete steps 1-5 above
- Go to the CCBC School of Health Professions Central Application System. We recommend that you use Firefox or Chrome.
- Create a CAS account
- Choose your program(s)
- Complete your application(s)
- You will need to verify your CCBC username and password in the “Supporting Information section”
- Don’t remember your CCBC credentials? Retrieve them here »
Note: the non-refundable $50 application fee is due at the time of submission.
All additional documents and materials must be submitted to our office by the deadline, including copies of all external transcripts, CLEP scores, AP scores, evaluations of international transcripts, credit-by-exam scores, references, essays, etc. See Step 7 for specific directions.
Step 7: Submit.
- Submit all required paperwork through the CCBC CAS.
- ALL official transcripts must be sent to the CCBC CAS.
- This includes a transcript from CCBC.
- You must submit the official transcript from every institution you have attended. We strongly recommend sending in all official transcripts no less than 3 months prior to the admission deadline
- CCBC’s Office of the Registrar still requires external official transcripts for any school for which you want transfer of credit:
School of Health Professions Admissions Office
- Send one copy of each external official transcript to the School of Health Professions Admissions Office prior to the admission deadline to:
- If you have an international transcript, it must be course-by-course evaluated by an agency such as AACRAO International Education Services.
Administration Bldg. Suite 100
7201 Rossville Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21237