GeographyGeography studies how physical, biological, and human processes shape the landscape in which we live and cause regions to differ from each other.
This degree pattern is designed to help students transfer to colleges and universities that offer a baccalaureate degree with a major in Geography.
Students will learn to:
- generalize the spatial and temporal distribution of specific physical processes, physical landforms, their environments and earth materials
- identify and characterize specific physical environments and processes based on climate, topography, flora and fauna and the interactions that take place between physical systems
- describe the relationship between geographical conditions and the development of human settlements, including aspects such as political, economic, religious, cultural and technological systems
- describe the dynamic processes shaping and affecting the oceans and marine populations
- incorporate geographical information into effective written and oral communications