DegreeWorks Frequently Asked Questions

What is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is a web-based degree audit tool that allows you to monitor your progress towards the completion of your degree/certificate program. DegreeWorks easily identifies courses you have already completed and the courses you still need to take in order to graduate. In the near future, students will also be able to create an individualized educational plan and conduct an audit of their financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standing.

What is a degree audit?
A degree audit is a review of past, current and "planned" coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to earn a degree or certificate.

What is a financial aid audit?
This component of DegreeWorks includes your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standing, financial aid GPA, completion rate, and total attempted billable hours/credits.

How do I access DegreeWorks?
By logging in with your myCCBC username and password. You can also access DegreeWorks through your SIMON Account. DegreeWorks can be found under the Student Services tab in the Student Records section.

How current is my information in DegreeWorks?
The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed nightly. Any changes made today will be seen in DegreeWorks tomorrow.

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks?
Registration will continue to occur in your SIMON account through the Registration section under the Student Services tab.

Where can I update my major?
Visit the Enrollment Services Center to update your declared program of study/major.

What is the difference between my cumulative GPA and my undergraduate GPA?
Your cumulative GPA includes any legacy coursework you may have. Legacy courses are all credit courses taken at Catonsville Community College, Dundalk Community College, and/or Essex Community College. Your undergraduate GPA includes credit coursework taken after fall 1999 at CCBC. For many students, your undergraduate GPA and cumulative GPA will be the same.

If I have additional questions about DegreeWorks, whom do I contact?
For additional questions about DegreeWorks, please send an email to If you need help understanding your degree audit, please visit the Office of Academic Advisement. To apply for graduation, please visit the Enrollment Services Center.

If all of the requirement boxes on my audit are checked, does that mean I’m graduating?
No, you must apply for graduation. Once you have completed all of your program requirements, visit the Enrollment Services Center to apply for graduation.

What is the What If Feature?
The What If feature allows you to see how courses you have completed would be applied to another program of study. It will also show you what courses you would still need to complete for that program of study.

If I use the What If feature, does that mean I have changed my program of study?
No. If you like what you see in a What-If Scenario, you can change your program of study at the Enrollment Services Center. Before changing your program of study, it is strongly recommended that you speak with an Academic Advisor. If you receive any type of financial aid, it is strongly recommended that you speak with the Financial Aid Office before you change your program of study. Changing your program of study may affect the type and/or amount of aid you are eligible to receive. 

Does DegreeWorks include my Advancement Placement (AP) credit and transfer credits?
Yes, DegreeWorks will include AP credits and transfer credits that have been accepted by CCBC and appear on your transcript.

How is my degree audit different from my transcript?
Your degree audit is a tool to provide you with information related to your progress towards your degree/certificate. It displays courses required and completed within your program. Your transcript is your complete record of coursework at CCBC.