Master Promissory Note (MPN)The Master Promissory Note is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the Department of Education.
It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). All first-time CCBC students must complete the MPN. After 10 years, a student must complete a new MPN. This process requires the borrower's Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID and password. For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit Federal Student Aid.
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
Have your FSA ID and password available to complete this process.
- Click on the Sign In button
- Enter your FSA ID Username and password
- Click on Complete MPN (located in left-side column)
- Under the category of Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN, click Complete Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN
- Enter the following information:
- Driver’s License State
- Driver’s License Number
- Permanent Address Information
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- School Information: find Maryland under School State and find COMM COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (This will show the Catonsville address, however, this includes all CCBC locations) under School Name. Remember to click the Add School button.
- Click Continue
- Read and complete each section of the MPN.
- CCBC will receive notification of your entrance counseling within 1 week and your SIMON account will be updated.