Transfer to CCBC as an International Student

Are you currently an F-1 international student attending another U.S. college or university? Make the smart choice and transfer to CCBC!

Why Choose CCBC

Many F-1 international students who are already in the United States choose CCBC because of the proximity to Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C. At CCBC, we offer more than 200 degrees and certificates programs and transferable coursework to meet your needs. As a CCBC student, you can:

Improve your English skills
We offer comprehensive English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes from basic to advanced levels to help prepare you for college. Learn more »

Earn credits toward an associate degree
Choose from more than 100 degree programs with no restrictions on what associate degree you earn. Our popular degrees include Nursing, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity and Business. Plus, if you have credits to transfer, we’ll do everything we can to make them count toward your CCBC degree or certificate. Learn more »

Transfer your credits to another U.S. college or university
Expect a smooth transition when you’re ready to earn a bachelor’s degree! We have more than 70 transfer agreements and partnerships with four-year colleges and universities. Many of our partners offer scholarships to qualifying international students. Learn more »

Applying to CCBC as an International Transfer Student

International students with a valid F-1 visa who plan to transfer to CCBC from another U.S. college or university, follow these steps to apply to CCBC. Submit all required documents to International Student Services by:
  • August 1 for the Fall semester
  • January 2 for the Spring semester
  • May 10 for the Summer semester
Applicants are encouraged to contact us at or to be connected with an  international student counselor.

Step 1: Submit the application for admission

Complete the CCBC Application for Admission. There’s no application fee.

Mail or email your complete application packet to:

CCBC Catonsville
International Student Services
Student Services Center, room 015
800 South Rolling Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21228


CCBC Essex
International Student Services
Student Services Center, room 120A
7201 Rossville Boulevard
Baltimore, Maryland 21237

Step 2: Submit all required documents to International Student Services

Along with a CCBC application for admission, international transfer students will also need to submit the following:

  1. A certified copy of high school transcripts in English, that verifies completion of secondary school
  2. Copies of all I-20’s, passport ID, the I-94, and the visa pages in your passport
  3. Official transcripts from all previously attended U.S. institutions
  4. Transfer eligibility certificate from most recently attended U.S. institution
  5. Declaration of financial support form
  6. Original financial statements to verify sufficient funds. These statements must:
    • Be written in English on bank letterhead
    • Display the sponsor’s name as owner of the account
    • Be less than 6 months old
    • Show a minimum of $26,411 in U.S. dollars
  7. Personal data sheet
The college application process for F-1 Visa holders is regulated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. In order to receive an offer for admissions, F-1 international students must meet certain educational and financial eligibility criteria.

Next steps

After you have submitted all of the above documents to the International Student Services office, an International Student Services counselor will review them. Upon approval, a CCBC acceptance letter, an I-20 and information about the I-901 SEVIS fee will be mailed. Upon receipt of the CCBC Acceptance Letter and Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) and arrival in Baltimore, Maryland, schedule an orientation and registration appointment with your assigned International Student Services Counselor.

Tuition and Fees

One condition of obtaining an F-1 International Student Visa is the agreement to engage in full-time study and the documentation of sufficient funding. View the complete list of F-1 Visa restrictions and requirements »

F-1 Visa holders must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per semester and pay the out-of-state tuition rate.