Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Continuing Education Workforce Certificate
This course prepares students for the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification exam and a career as a network or security administrator. Learn about access controls and security operations, monitoring and incident recovery, cryptography and network security, and systems and application security.
Upon successful completion of this Continuing Education Workforce Certificate, students will be able to:
- explain authentication, identity management, and network trusts;
- identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them;
- demonstrate the ability to install and configure network and host-based security technologies;
- demonstrate the ability to implement risk management, security assessment, and incident handling;
- use cryptography, encryption, Public Key Infrastructure, and certificates; and
- implement security auditing, and systems monitoring and analysis.
Technology and Engineering Pathway - Pathways are designed to help you meet your academic and career goals by aligning related courses and programs. Pathway students participate in a variety of activities that help explore career opportunities in their field of study. You can meet with a CCBC advisor who help align — or realign — your educational plan with the Pathway that best supports you and your goals.
Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Certificate and will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Certifying Organization: International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)².
Please note: For the SSCP certification, one year of cumulative work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP CBK is required. If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)² until you have gained the required experience. Information about the SSCP credential and exam is available on their website: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/SSCP
Financial Aid and Payment Options
We offer financial aid by packaging public and private funding options to those who qualify, in select Continuing Education courses and programs. Additional opportunities for financial support include partial payment options through Nelnet Business Solutions and tuition waivers for those who qualify. Resources outside of CCBC may also be available through employer/sponsor paid tuition, the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), and your local office of workforce development.
- Base knowledge about computer hardware, networking, and security knowledge. Recommended that you first take CompTIA A+ and Network+ or have the equivalent of two years of experience working with computers.
- PC - Windows 10 or later or Mac - macOS 10.6 or later. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- Browser - latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
To apply, go to www.ccbcmd.edu/apply and complete the CCBC Continuing Education Workforce Certificate program application. An email will then be sent with program information and any additional requirements necessary to apply for the program.
Open Entry – No screening or documentation required.
Prior Learning Assessment
This program has no options for obtaining course waiver(s) for prior learning.
Program Course Sequence
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Included in course fee
SSCP Certification exam = $249
Skills for Success:
Since this course is delivered completely online, students will need to have the self-discipline to complete all required material on their own. A course instructor will be available to assist students with questions and to lead online activities during the course of the class.
Network Security Engineer, Systems Administrator, Security Analyst, Systems Engineer, Security Consultant/Specialist, Security Administrator, Systems/Network Analyst, Database Administrator
Research your career interests, explore live job postings, take a career assessment, discover which companies in the Baltimore region are hiring, and more. View a brief tutorial video on how to use Career Coach at https://youtu.be/C7KpznbPYfA. Explore career and training opportunities at https://ccbcmd.emsicc.com/.
Program Contact Information
Coordinator: Steve Ricketts | email@example.com | 443-840-4442 | Catonsville BESS 100L
Admininstrative Assistant: Danielle Bennett | firstname.lastname@example.org | 443-840-4925 | Catonsville BESS 100