Alternative Energy Certificate, Credit Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare students for careers in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning industry with an emphasis on energy efficiency. The curriculum blends up-to-date energy concepts in solar, wind, and high tech controls with HVACR theory and practical, "hands on" experiences for the purpose of developing confident, professional technicians/installers. All classes completed for this certificate serve as building blocks for the degree in HVAC and Energy Technology at CCBC.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- apply for and acquire an entry level position in the HVAC field;
- exhibit confidence servicing and installing HVAC systems;
- develop both a safe and moral approach to the HVAC field;
- achieve a broad knowledge of all applications of HVAC, both practical and scientific; and
- understand alternative options to standard HVAC and energy applications.