Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) & Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
This program is designed to prepare students for careers in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and related energy technologies industry. The curriculum blends "leading edge" theory with a large amount of practical, "hands on" experiences for the purpose of developing confident, professional technicians/installers. All classes completed for a certificate serve as building blocks for higher level certificates and/or a degree at CCBC.
Upon successful completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the safe and proper use of HVAC tools and materials;
- interpret HVAC electrical schematics and circuitry;
- describe the refrigeration cycle and recognize interactions between its components;
- recognize proper installation and servicing methods for air conditioning and heating systems;
- identify and manipulate components of more advanced HVAC systems;
- calculate and design heating and cooling internal loads for commercial and residential installations; and
- interpret the structure and use of blueprints in commercial and residential HVAC systems.