Dundalk Upward BoundUpward Bound is an intensive enrichment program that enhances the academic and personal growth of low-income and potential first-generation college students. The program is designed to help students with academic enrichment and career exploration.
Partnerships with targeted schools assist with program goals. Our target schools are: Chesapeake, Dundalk, Kenwood, Parkville, and Patapsco High Schools.
Are you Eligible?
- Rising 9th through 11th grade Baltimore County Public School students.
- Potential first generation college student — Neither parent has a bachelor's degree.
- Income Eligible — Eligible for a Pell Grant or 150% of federal government poverty level.
- Documented physical, emotional, learning disability.
Upward Bound provides academic instruction in a variety of subjects. Tutoring, counseling, mentoring, cultural enrichment, work-study programs, education or counseling services are designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students.
- Financial aid workshops
- College survival skills workshops
- Career exploration through career academies
- Academy of Arts Communications and Entertainment
- STEM Academy
- Business Academy
- Ninth Grade Success Academy
- Academy and Career-Based Projects and Lecture Series
- Internships/Externships Shadowing
- Grade level specific Seminars
- Early College Access planning and support
- Parent Workshops
Apply online for consideration. Once your application has been reviewed, we will set an interview with the prospective student and parent(s)/guardian(s).