Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to use virtual advising services.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
New CCBC Students (0-24 credits)Getting started in college can be very challenging! Academic advisement is here to help you find everything you need.
Getting ready for your first classes at CCBC
- Establish placement levels in English, reading, and math
- Learn about developmental courses (classes below college level)
- Research your payment options
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Go to the CCBC College Catalog to see the classes required for your degree
- View your two-semester plan in DegreeWorks
- Get your myCCBC username, and create your password.
- Register for classes
During your first and second semesters
- Take ACDV 101
- Research careers to decide on a major
- Talk to someone who knows a lot about your major. Get in touch with your program coordinator.
- Find your major and pick your pathway
- Schedule a free tutoring session
- Improve your math study skills
- Work through academic challenges
- Start planning for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Figure out how to fit study time into your busy day
- Research scholarship opportunities and deadlines for future semesters
- Meet with an academic advisor in person to discuss your future plans
- Can’t make it in person? Contact online advising