Academic CoachingAcademic Coaching is a service provided through the Office of Student Services and Retention Initiatives. Academic coaches are professional staff members who have experience working with students in a college setting. They have backgrounds in academic advising, career counseling, guidance counseling, and/or teaching at the college level.
We assist students with:
- Connecting with resources
- Time management
- Test taking strategies
- Goal settings
- Study skills
Academic Coaching workshopsSchedules are available after the beginning of the semester.
- Notetaking: “Write impactful notes that highlight a clear path for effective study!”
- Test Taking Strategies: “Discover strategies to increase your odds of success on any quiz or test!"
- Test Anxiety: “Defeat test anxiety to focus and excel on any exam!"
- Procrastination: “Use practical skills to stop putting off important responsibilities!”
- Critical Thinking: “Learn how to solve any problem like a pro!"
- Financial Literacy: “Organize your wallet for better living!"
- Time Management: “Build productive schedules to maximize your time!"
If you need to repeat a developmental education course after two unsuccessful attempts, please complete a Permission to Repeat packet. The packet is available November - January for spring enrollment and from April - August for fall enrollment. Packets can be picked up at Academic Advising.