Vendor's Guide to PurchasingWe adhere consistently to industry best practices and strive to build public confidence in both the college and those doing business with the college.
The CCBC Purchasing office adheres to the National Association of Educational Buyers Code of Ethics. Because we employ uniform business practices, we are confident that you will have a positive experience doing business with CCBC.
Board of Trustees
CCBC Purchasing Policy and Procedures Manual »
<$1,000 - CCBC Visa purchasing card
>$1,000 - Purchase order issued
<$7,500 - One quote
>$7,500 - $24,999 - Informal solicitation process; Minimum three quotes
>$25,000 - Formal solicitation process
Competitive Sealed Bids
CCBC advertises its solicitations on eM@ryland Marketplace. Your firm may register - at no charge.
Questions regarding contract signatures should be directed to the purchasing director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCBC Tax Exempt No. 30001110
- CCBC FEIN 52-1977456
- Email the invoice to Accounts_Payable@ccbcmd.edu; or
- Mail the original invoice and two copies to:
Attention: Accounts Payable
7200 Sollers Point Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21222
Small and Minority Business
The college community is encouraged to solicit and promote participation of minority business enterprises, small businesses and disadvantaged vendors.
- A minority business enterprise is defined as any legal entity, other than a joint venture, organized to engage in commercial transactions, and which is (1) at least 51% owned and/or controlled by one or more minority interest persons, or (2) a non-profit entity organized to promote the interests of the physically or mentally disabled. Minority groups identified are: African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, American Indians, Women, and Physically or Mentally disabled Individuals. A certified minority business enterprise is a minority business that holds a certification issued by the Maryland State Department of Transportation or other recognized municipality or minority association.
- A Small Business is a for-profit business, other than a broker, that meets the following criteria: (1) it is independently owned and operated; (2) it is not a subsidiary of another business; (3) it is not dominant in its field of operation; (4) its wholesale operations did not employ more than 50 persons, and its gross sales did not exceed an average of $2,000,000 in its most recently completed 3 fiscal years; (5) its retail operations did not employ more than 25 persons, and its gross sales did not exceed an average of $2,000,000 in its most recently completed 3 fiscal years; (6) its manufacturing operations did not employ more than 100 persons, and its gross sales did not exceed an average of $2,000,000 in its most recently completed 3 fiscal years; (7) its service operations did not employ more than 100 persons, and its gross sales did not exceed an average of $2,000,000 in its most recently completed 3 fiscal years; and (8) its construction operations did not employ more than 50 persons, and its gross sales did not exceed an average of $7,000,000 in its most recently completed 3 fiscal years. CCBC reserves the right to request tax documents to support such a claim.
The purchasing office is responsible for purchasing all commodities and services for the college. The staff performs specialized contracting, bids, proposal administration, and bid security.
Department FAX: 443.840.3309
Director of Purchasing