Behavior Intervention TeamThe Behavior Intervention Team serves as a central network for the behavior situations which raise concerns for the safety of the student or others.
The multidisciplinary team focuses on intervening in situations involving students who are experiencing distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behavior. Early and prescriptive intervention is the key to preventing the occurrence of a major crisis. The recommendations of the Behavior Intervention Team will result in:
- Early intervention and the provision of support and behavioral response to students displaying varying levels of disruptive, disturbed or distressed behaviors.
- Engagement of faculty and staff in effective response with respect to disruptive and/or distressed students.
- Adherence to a formalized protocol of instructions for communication, coordination and intervention when harmful or disruptive behavior occurs.
- Centralized collection and assessment of student behavior.
- Evaluation of intervention strategies or disciplinary sanctions.