CCBC honors Robert and Eleanor Romadka for their philanthropy
Jun 10, 2016CCBC has renamed the College Community Center on the Essex campus the Robert and Eleanor Romadka College Center to recognize the longtime philanthropy and advocacy of this husband and wife dynamic duo.
The Romadkas have been involved with the Essex campus since its inception in 1957. At that time, the Baltimore County Board of Education asked Bob to chair the advisory board of the then newly formed Essex Community College. When the state legislature created a Board of Trustees for Essex Community College, Bob, a prominent area attorney, was tasked with working with members of the board to grow and expand the college.
Over the years through advocacy, philanthropic support and leadership Bob Romadka and the Romadka family have been instrumental in helping CCBC to construct a new library, create a nursing program, and fund the academic achievement of our students and the professional development of faculty and staff.
Today, Bob and Eleanor continue to engage with CCBC. Bob is a founding member and Board Emeritus of the CCBC Essex Foundation and Eleanor participates in a number of college programs and initiatives.
“Bob and Eleanor Romadka have taken the concept of ‘giving back’ to incredible heights at CCBC,” remarks CCBC President Sandra L. Kurtinitis. “They have established an endowed scholarship fund, contributed to the College’s Legacy Program through a planned gift. Recently they made a significant contribution to CCBC through a challenge grant to support the Performing Arts at CCBC.”