Saturday placement testing gives BCPS students a jump start on college
Feb 14, 2018Baltimore County Public School students have a unique opportunity to get a jump start on college with special placement testing being held at CCBC this spring. The Saturday morning testing sessions are for high school seniors who plan to attend CCBC after graduation, along with any high school student interested in taking college courses and earning college credits as a high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior.
Starting as early as ninth grade, students can take advantage of CCBC’s Early College Access programs, paying half-price tuition for college credit classes. Eligible BCPS sophomores, juniors and seniors can take up to four courses tuition free. Many take advantage of this opportunity to earn credits toward a CCBC associate degree or certificate or to complete coursework requirements to transfer into another four-year college or university.
When/Where:Saturday Testing Days for BCPS students:
- Check-in 8:30 a.m. — 9:20 a.m.
- Testing begins at 9:30 a.m.
- March 3, CCBC Essex and CCBC Owings Mills
- March 17, CCBC Catonsville and CCBC Dundalk
- March 24, CCBC Essex and CCBC Owings Mills
- April 21, CCBC Catonsville and CCBC Dundalk
- April 28, CCBC Essex and CCBC Owings Mills
- June 9, CCBC Catonsville and CCBC Dundalk
Saturday testing is free, but registration is required. Students can register online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.