Muslim Student AssociationPurpose:
- To provide an accurate representation of Islam.
- To create a bridge of understanding between the Muslim students of CCBC and other students of diverse backgrounds.
- To bring awareness of the particular needs concerning Muslim Students (prayer services, holidays, etc…), to increase the feeling of unity among them, and to offer a safe haven to express concerns and suggestions to make CCBC more culturally competent.
About the Muslim Student Association
- The Muslim Student Association (MSA) is a non-profit and non-political student organization at The Community College of Baltimore County which is affiliated with the MSA of the United States and Canada.
- MSA is a "gateway" to the Islamic World and allows opportunities for Muslims and Non-Muslims to learn more about the wonderful and fascinating world of Islam as founded by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) in the Arabian Peninsula over 1,400 years ago, through the Divine Guidance of Allah (God).
- MSA is a glimpse into the Islamic Culture practiced by 1 out of every 4 people all over the world: Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, Europe & the Americas.
- The MSA dedicates its efforts to creating a strong Muslim community on campus, helping Muslims increase their faith, gain knowledge about Islam, build Islamic character, and interact with other Muslims.
- MSA events are also aimed at promoting an understanding of Islam among all members of the CCBC Community, facilitating interfaith dialogue and providing community service.
- The Muslim Students Association is a flourishing organization that has grown into a very active religious, social, and cultural club.
- MSA meetings shall be held once a week, with meetings for the administrative body to be held biweekly, or whenever deemed necessary by the president.
- MSA meetings are open to any and all students at CCBC.
Club e-mail: email@example.com
See more on Collegiatelink