Partner with us for success in college and beyondMale Student Success Initiative offers you:
- Strong peer network of men like you.
- A Success Mentor providing all around support and academic coaching.
- Opportunity to build personal life and professional skills.
- Connections to campus support services and tools for success.
- Campus tours and conferences.
Ready to start? Contact us today!
Men of Color College Achievement (MoCCA) Project
MoCCA Project is a research study led by MDRC, a non-profit, non-partisan research organization, designed to learn how CCBC's Male Student Success Initiative (MSSI) helps students achieve academically at CCBC. The goal of MSSI is to improve persistence and graduation rates among male students of color and to enhance students' awareness of culture and self-identity.
Who is eligible to participate?
- You are eligible to participate in MoCCA if you self-identify as a male of color and you need to take Academic Development 101 (a required course for first time college students).
- Sign an informed consent form agreeing to participate in the MoCCA study.
What are the benefits?
As a program participant, you are able to:
- Enroll in the Academic Development 101 Male Students of Color classes
- Receive dedicated mentoring
- Receive tutoring and academic support (which may help you stay eligible for financial aid)
- Attend financial aid workshops focusing on scholarships and grants
- Attend career workshops to prepare for employment and internships
- Obtain assistance in transferring to a four-year college
- Receive cultural programming and activities