Entrance CounselingEntrance counseling is an online tutorial that provides detailed information about costs, budgeting, interest, and timelines.
It is a federal requirement for all first-time student borrowers. This process requires the borrower's Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID and password. For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit Federal Student Aid.
InstructionsPlease allow 30-45 minutes to complete this session.
- Visit studentloans.gov. (Have your FSA ID and password available.)
- Click on the “Sign In” button
- Enter your FSA ID Username and password
- Click on “Complete Counseling” (located in left-side column)
- Click on “Entrance Counseling”
- Find Maryland under “School State” and Find “COMM COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY” (This will show the Catonsville address, however, this includes all CCBC locations) under “School Name”. Remember to click the “Add School” button.
- Select “I am completing entrance counseling to receive Direct Loans as an undergraduate student”
- Click “Continue”
- Read and complete each section of the entrance counseling session.
- CCBC will receive notification of your entrance counseling within 1 week and your SIMON account will be updated.