How to Request Federal Tax TranscriptsAs part of the verification process, we are required to request tax transcripts if the IRS Data Retrieval is not used. Tax filers can request a federal tax transcript, free of charge, in one of three ways.
- Visit the IRS website to "Get My Tax Record."
- You will have the option to either receive your tax transcript online or via mail. If you decide you would like to access them online, you must create an account.
To order a transcript online:
- Choose "Get Transcript Online."
- Register for an Online Services Account with the IRS. To register and use this service, you must have your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Filing Status, and Mailing Address from your latest tax return. You will also need access to an email account, personal account number (from a credit card, mortgage, student loan, home equity loan/line or car loan), and mobile number with your name on the account. Returning users can use their created username and password to access this information.
- After your account is created, you will be prompted to provide a reason for your request. Select "Higher Education/Student Aid".
- Select Tax Year that corresponds with the Financial Aid Office request (2016 tax year for 2018-2019 or 2017 tax year for 2019-2020) under the Return Transcript.
- Your transcript will appear and allow you to print your document.
- Bring to the Financial Aid Office.
- These steps can be repeated if a parent(s) is required to submit a tax return transcript.
- Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their Social Security Number, and Numbers in your street address. Use the street numbers on your tax returns filed for that year.
- Select "Option 2" to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript.
- Enter "2016" for the tax year (if requesting for 2018-2019).
- If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper copy within 10 days for the time it was submitted.
Paper RequestAccess Form 4506-T via the IRS to request by mail.
- Complete lines 1-4.
- Do not enter any information in line 5.
- On line 6, enter the tax form type of 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.
- Check the box that states the following:
(a) Return Transcript, which includes most of the line items of a tax return as filed with the IRS. A tax transcript does not reflect changes made to the account after the return is processed. Transcripts are only available for the following returns: Form 1040 series, Form 1065, Form 1120, Form 1120-H, Form 1120-L, and Form 1120S. Return transcripts are available for the current year and returns processed during the prior 3 processing years. Most requests will be processed within 10 business days.
Internal Revenue ServiceRAIVS TeamStop 6705 S-2
Kansas City, MO 64999