Introduction to Construction Methods Certificate, Credit Certificate
This certificate is designed for those who are entering either the residential or commercial construction area. The certificate will give a background in visualizing the building and materials seen on prints and in the field. It will help in determining quantities and cost of materials and construction safety and health practices and regulations.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- read, visualize, and interpret construction documents;
- identify, describe, and select construction materials and methods used in residential and commercial construction;
- identify and use formulas for areas and volumes as required for estimating; and
- identify and interpret safety and health regulations as they pertain to construction.
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 15*
This is a suggested schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits.
This certificate is designed for those who are entering either the residential or commercial construction area.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Catonsville Phillip Acheampong or email@example.com
- Statewide Program
- Classes offered only at the Catonsville campus
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Construction Management and Construction Craft Professional, see Portfolio and Articulated Credit by Industry/Apprenticeship. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
Courses Needed for This Program*
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College. This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.