Global ScholarsCCBC's Global Scholars engage in intercultural learning and experiences that result in a "global distinction" transcript credential upon program completion.
Through this program, students become global citizens, prepared for diverse academic and professional endeavors in the interconnected and interdependent world of the 21st century.
GoalsIn this program, students will have opportunities to:
- Enhance their intercultural skills
- Discover study abroad opportunities
- Gain access to internships
- Explore global careers
- Finish with an impressive credential for transfer or employment
- A designation of "global distinction" on their transcript
- Recognition at the graduation ceremony
- Skills to position them to better compete in the global economy
EligibilityThe program is open to all CCBC students who are interested in learning more about the world. Students should be in good academic standing (not on academic probation).
Program StructureGlobal Scholars will:
- Complete 15 credits of courses designated "GL" (globalized) with a grade of C or better, including a 2-semester world language sequence; and
- Pursue study abroad or an approved local intercultural experience.