Mellon Scholars ProgramCCBC offers students interested in the humanities a unique opportunity for an enriched, dynamic academic experience in partnership with Johns Hopkins University.
Honors Program students who participate in the full Mellon Scholars program within a given academic year, including a lecture and a half-day symposium each semester, earn a $750 stipend upon completion. At least 30 students will be selected for program for the academic year. You may apply for consideration as a Mellon Scholar.
EligibilityEligibility criteria include the following:
- Member of the Honors program
- At least 12 credit hours of completed coursework
- Submission of application, transcript, faculty recommendation and essay. The application, with additional details, may be found online.
- Apply by November 10 (annual deadline)
How it worksStudents selected to participate in the Mellon Scholar Program must complete the following to earn a $750 stipend:
- Attendance at Mellon Scholars’ lecture series event each semester
- Participation in half-day symposium each semester
Mellon Scholars Lecture Series
For more information, contact Nicole Daniels, Honors Program Coordinator, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mellon Scholars Summer Research Experience
Mellon Grant Symposium
Spring 2019 location Fall 2018 location