Radiation Therapy MissionThe mission of the Community College of Baltimore County, Essex Campus Radiation Therapy Program, is to prepare qualified to students to be competent Radiation Therapists.
Goals & Learning Outcomes
Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will demonstrate clinical patient care skills.
- Students will demonstrate simulation skills.
- Students will demonstrate radiation treatment procedure skills.
- Students will demonstrate treatment planning skills.
Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze diverse types of information in order to choose an appropriate course of action as a Radiation Therapist.
- Students will use knowledge to compare and critique port films to simulation films and make adjustments accordingly.
- Students will identify dilemmas in patient setup during simulation.
- Students will identify proper energy choice and rationale for particular procedures.
Students will demonstrate effective communication.
- Students will effectively use verbal and written skills to communicate with patients.
- Students will identify barriers to effective communication and demonstrate effective resolutions.
- Students will demonstrate effective presentation skills.
Students/Graduates will demonstrate professional behaviors for the profession.
Student learning outcome:
- Students will accept responsibility for his/her actions and utilize constructive criticism.
- Students will attend scheduled conferences and events.
- Graduates will join the American Society for Radiology Technology.
- Graduate will continue or plan to further their education in their profession.
The Program will effectively meet the needs of the students and the community.
- Cohorts will complete the program.
- Graduates will be satisfied with the program.
- Graduates will pass the registry on their first attempt.
- Graduation will have jobs within one year of graduation. (This is a goal not a guarantee.)
- Employers will be satisfied with knowledge/skills of new graduates hired.