Information for Faculty and Staff
- Graduates, faculty and staff participating in the ceremony are encouraged to arrive early. All lots will be open to the general public at 8 a.m.
- Franklin Square Hospital Canter is the preferred lot for faculty and staff parking. Much of the hospital parking is closer to the faculty robing area (Wellness and Athletics Center, rooms 008/012). It’s also an easier departure location following the ceremony.
- Faculty and staff who wish to park on CCBC Essex parking lots should enter at the main campus entrance on Rossville Blvd. Vehicles displaying a current faculty or staff parking permit will be directed to Lot 2.
- Reserved parking for faculty and staff is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking lots that are not full by 8 a.m. will be opened for general parking.
- Free parking is available throughout the campus. For the lots closest to the commencement ceremony venue:
- Lot 2 — Faculty and staff, special guests, accessible overflow parking
- Lot 3 — Accessible parking
- Lot 4 — VIP and open/general parking
- Lot 7 — Open/general parking
- Please note: Faculty/staff, drivers with disabilities, senior attendees and VIPs should enter the campus from Rossville Boulevard in the RIGHT lane so they can turn right (toward the Children's Learning Center) from the right lane.
- Individuals with limited mobility and requiring assistance will be directed to designated parking upon arrival at the main entrance to the campus.
- After the ceremony, exiting traffic should use two lanes to Rossville Blvd., one from Lot 1 (upper and lower bays), and one from the south side of the campus (South Campus Drive – Children's Learning Center area)
- Accessible and senior citizen parking is located in Lot 3. Public Safety officers will be accommodating in evaluating parking requests when handicapped permits are not displayed, as in the case of an elderly or infirm passenger who cannot walk a long distance. Such persons may also be dropped off at the Dome Spur (Wellness and Athletics Center) before the vehicle is parked.
Once ordered and paid for, regalia may be shipped to a campus bookstore free of charge, or to a home address for a fee.
Please note the following important dates:
- Cap and gown orders accepted online or in CCBC bookstores
CCBC bookstores will be closed for spring break Friday, March 25 through Friday, April 1.
Campus bookstores reopen Monday, April 4.
Wednesday, April 20
- Last day to place website orders for caps and gowns. After this date, faculty must place regalia orders in person at a CCBC bookstore.
- Cap and gown orders placed after April 20 will be assessed a $15 late fee.
Monday, May 16
- First day to pick up commencement regalia at campus bookstores
Friday, May 20
- Regalia orders placed on or after this date will be assessed a $40 late fee in addition to the cost of the cap and gown. All faculty orders are overnighted to the CCBC bookstore where order was placed.
Friday, June 10
- Deadline for returning rented regalia to any campus bookstore.
Robing and processional
Faculty and staff processing in the June 4, 2016 commencement ceremony should report for robing to rooms 008/012 in the Wellness and Athletics Center at CCBC Essex.
Participants should be robed and ready to process no later than 9:45 a.m.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:20 a.m. Faculty and staff will process ahead of the student graduates.
In the event severe weather or other circumstances require a tent evacuation, the ceremony emcee will ask that people move promptly to their cars, or to the Wellness and Athletics Center, the College Community Center or the Arts and Humanities Hall. Public Safety officers on duty will assist in guiding guests to those locations. Cars are the preferred destination, as building capacities are limited.
As a faculty or staff member, your help in directing guests to safe areas is greatly appreciated.
The decision to continue the event will be made as soon as conditions allow. Public Safety and event staff will announce updated information by moving through the buildings and parking lots.