Information for Faculty and Staff
Please note the following:
- Graduates, faculty and staff participating in the ceremony are encouraged to arrive early.
- Reserved parking for faculty and staff is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking lots that are not full by 8 a.m. will be opened for general parking.
- Franklin Square Hospital Center is the preferred lot for faculty and staff parking. Much of the hospital parking is closer to the faculty robing area (Wellness and Athletics Center, rooms 008/012). It’s also an easier departure location following the ceremony.
- Faculty and staff who wish to park on CCBC Essex parking lots should enter at the main campus entrance on Rossville Boulevard and remain in the right lane. Turn right onto Division Lane and then turn right onto Alpha Bay. Continue straight, crossing South Lane and continuing on College Drive South. Vehicles displaying a current faculty or staff parking permit will be directed to Lot 2.
- Free parking is available throughout the campus. Lots closest to the Commencement ceremony venue are:
- Lot 2 — Faculty and staff, special guests, accessible overflow parking
- Lot 3 — Accessible parking
- Lot 4 — VIP and open/general parking
- Lots 1, 5, 6 and 7 — Open/general parking
- Individuals with limited mobility and requiring assistance will be directed to designated parking upon arrival at the main entrance to the campus.
- Accessible and senior citizen parking is located in Lot 3. Public Safety officers will be accommodating in evaluating parking requests when handicapped permits are not displayed, as in the case of an elderly or infirm passenger who cannot walk a long distance. Such persons may also be dropped off at the Dome Spur (Wellness and Athletics Center) before the vehicle is parked.
- After the ceremony, exit the campus at the direction of CCBC Public Safety personnel.
Once ordered and paid for, regalia may be shipped to a campus bookstore free of charge, or to a home address for a fee.
Please note the following important dates:
Saturday, February 9
- Cap and gown orders accepted online.
- Last day to place website orders for caps and gowns. After this date, regalia orders in person at a Barnes & Noble at CCBC bookstore.
- First day to pick up commencement regalia at campus bookstores.
- Regalia orders placed on or after this date will be assessed a $30 late fee in addition to the cost of the cap and gown. All faculty orders are overnighted to the CCBC bookstore where order was placed.
- Deadline for returning rented regalia to any campus bookstore.
Robing and processional
Participants should be robed and ready to process no later than 9:45 a.m.
The processional will begin promptly at 10:20 a.m. Faculty and staff will process ahead of the student graduates.
In the event severe weather or other circumstances require a tent evacuation, the ceremony emcee will ask that people move promptly to their cars, or to the Wellness and Athletics Center, the Romadka College Center, or the Arts and Humanities Hall. CCBC Public Safety officers on duty will assist in guiding guests to those locations. Cars are the preferred destination, as building capacities are limited.
As a faculty or staff member, your help in directing guests to safe areas is greatly appreciated.
The decision to continue the event will be made as soon as conditions allow. CCBC Public Safety officers and event staff will announce updated information by moving through the buildings and parking lots.