College Credit by ExamIf you would like to have you CLEP or DSST scores accepted by CCBC, make sure the CLEP or DSST subject exam that you are taking is accepted by CCBC. Visit the Prior Learning Assessment page for more information about the credit granting score and equivalent CCBC course.
If CCBC is not your score recipient, visit CLEP’s Getting College Credit site.
Learn more about the CLEP examination »
Learn more about the DSST examination »
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) charges an $87 test fee.
- The DSST is $85 per test.
- Note: Fess from can be changed by the vendor at any time without notice. The test fee is waived for eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees of the military. Contact CLEP for more information.
- The CCBC Testing Center administration fee is $40 per exam.
- The CCBC fee for testing may be paid by cash (cash is not accepted at Owings Mills), credit card or check/money order payable to CCBC.
- The administrative fee for CLEP or DSST exams will be made at the Bursar’s Office before taking exams at the Testing Centers. A form will be provided to you from Testing Center staff to take to the Bursar’s Office for payment.
- If you elect to pay the fee the same day as your exam, you must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to remit payment prior to your exam.
- Bring your receipt from the Bursar with you to the testing center. Testing candidates must provide the receipt to the Testing Center staff at the appointment date/time in order to sit for the exam.
- Exam fees are not refundable. If your exam is cancelled for any reason, the testing fee can be applied to another test and is valid for up to 90 days from the date of payment.
Schedule an appointment
Most CLEP and DSST exams are 90 minutes in length. It is important that you arrive on time for your appointment.
General Testing Center policies
- CLEP/DSST registration ticket
- The payment receipt from the CCBC Bursar’s Office
An acceptable picture ID that has a printed name and a recognizable photograph. Acceptable forms of photo identification are listed on the CLEP or DSST site.
You are not permitted to use any unauthorized Electronic devices (this includes cell phones, phablets, tablets, cell phone watches, laptops and any other electronic devices). These items must be powered down prior to entering the testing room and remain off during the exam.
Only people actively taking a test are permitted in the Testing Center. Other people (age 16 and older) accompanying the test taker may wait outside the Testing Center. Children may not be left unattended. View CCBC's policy regarding children of students on campus.
Examinees that violate CCBC academic integrity policies or Testing Center policies, will be reported.