Study Skills: Tips for Managing Your TimeThere are 86,400 seconds in one day. Surprising isn’t it? Especially when we think of how many times we have said, There is just not enough time in day. However, once you begin to evaluate how you spend your time each day, you’ll begin to see that you do have time, you just need to use it more efficiently.
- When planning study time, do tasks you don’t like or those that are hardest first. Also, plan a 15 minute break for every hour of study time.
- Once on campus, stay on campus. Use this time to catch up on studying or participate in one of the many student clubs.
- Combine activities. Listen to your notes on tape while driving. Look at note cards while waiting at the doctor’s office.
- Enlist the help of family and friends. Delegate chores and other tasks.
- Break large tasks down into smaller parts.
- Use a large calendar of events to record the due dates of all assignments and exams.
- Frequently ask yourself, What is the best use of my time right now?
- Don’t try to be a perfectionist. Be realistic and flexible.
- Evaluate and change your schedule as necessary.