International Student Services

Application for Change of Status within the United States

If you have a non-immigrant visa and want to change to F-1 status (full-time student), you are required to provide the following documents:

  • I-901 SEVIS Fee
  • Completed I-539 form
  • Check for $290 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  • Letter to explain why you are requesting a change of status
  • Copy of your I-94 card
    • Copy of your spouse's I-94 if your status is dependent on his or her visa status.
  • Copies of your valid passport and visa pages
    • Copy of your spouse's passport and visa pages if you are dependent on his or visa status.
  • Copies of the Affidavit of Support, bank statement, or other proof of sufficient funding and a Declaration of Financial Support Form confirming funds to cover academic and living expenses. Currently, the costs are $18,533 for a year of study.
    • tuition and fees: $8,672
    • room and board: $7,426
    • books, supplies and health insurance: $2,435
  • Personal Data sheet indicating home country address, local address, and emergency information

For additional information, contact International Student Services at 443-840-1005 or 443-840-5005.

text only | site map | privacy | contact CCBC
©2005 Copyright Community College of Baltimore County. All rights reserved.