International Student Services


Working on Campus

International students are allowed to work on campus after they have successfully completed their first two semesters of classes. However, positions on campus are limited and very competitive. Most positions require excellent English communication skills in addition to other qualifications.

Where can I find an on-campus position?

First, meet with an international counselor in ISS to discuss your reasons for seeking a job and submit your name for an on-campus job.

Second, if you have excellent grades and communication skills, you may want to consider tutoring. In the past, international students have found tutoring positions in the Student Success Center very rewarding.

For more information on available on-campus positions, visit the Career Center on your campus.

Do I need a Social Security Number?

You do not need a Social Security Number to apply for a position, but you do need to apply for one as soon as you are offered a position. Please review the information on Social Security Numbers.

text only | site map | privacy | contact CCBC
©2005 Copyright Community College of Baltimore County. All rights reserved.