Important Information about the CCBC Music Program
• CCBC is one of only a small number of community college music programs in the country to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
• CCBC offers transferable A.A. and A.F.A. Degrees with Music Transfer Patterns.
• Students who wish to pursue studies in these transfer patterns must speak with the Music Program Coordinator (Essex) or the Assistant Coordinator (Catonsville) before registering for courses. Students may begin music transfer patterns at the Catonsville campus, but the majority of the required courses are offered only on the Essex campus.
• Transfer Pattern degrees include four semesters of Music Theory and Ear Training, individual applied lessons, ensembles, weekly repertoire classes, piano classes, weekly daytime concerts and recitals featuring guest artists, and multiple performance opportunities.
• NOTE: Although these patterns follow a two-year plan, students who need to take general education pre-requisites, work more than 15 hours per week and/or have other major obligations outside of school are advised to take fewer courses each semester over a longer period of time. Students who work 25 hours or more are advised to take 12 credits or fewer each semester.
• Students receive individual advising and assistance with planning their schedules each semester.
• Students are prepared to transfer to four-year music programs (includes audition preparation and assistance with college choice).
• Music scholarships available.
• Students who wish to study music as an elective are welcome to take applied music, audition for ensembles and take any music class, provided that they meet the pre-requisites. Not all music courses are available at all campuses.