Turn your innovative ideas into a winning plan and earn seed moneyHave an idea for a new product, service or business? Submit your business plan to CCBC’s Center for Business Innovation Annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) and you could win up to $20,000 in seed money.
A total of $62,500 in seed money will be awarded to the top 6 winners. The Annual Business Plan Competition is open to students and alumni of CCBC who are interested in turning their idea for a new product or service into a business.
Participants in the Annual Business Plan Competition get:
- Access to invitation-only workshops designed to help develop a strategic plan, marketing plan & financial plan — the core elements of a viable business plan.
- Guidance from other entrepreneurs and business owners who serve as mentors during the competition.
- An opportunity to earn seed money that can be used to help launch a business.
How it works
Participants are encouraged to attend 3 business plan workshops focused on developing a strategic plan, a marketing plan and a financial plan as participants work on their business plan.
A Screening Round is the initial review of plans by CCBC faculty in which the top 12 business plans are selected to advance to the final round.
The Center for Business Innovation will match the top 12 finalists with mentors who can help prepare the finalists for the final round of the competition.
The 12 finalists will make their business plan presentations to a panel of judges. The judges will choose the top 6 winning participants.
What do the Top 6 Award Winners get?
A total of $62,500 that will be awarded to the top 6 finalists to help promote their business.
Here is how the seed money is awarded:
- First place winner receives up to $20,000.
- Second place receives up to $15,000.
- Third place winner receives up to $10,000.
- Fourth place winner receives up to $7,500.
- And two runner-ups will receive up to $5,000 each.
- Invitation to work with CBI’s incubation network in which a class of students who can help implement the business plan during the spring semester. The winners will receive support in the areas of marketing and sales, website development, technology, accounting, human resources, management and will gain access to investors and creditors.
- Scholarships to attend a 12-week course designed to help entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses.
- Up to four one-hour coaching sessions with experts in the business community on such topics as accounting, legal, marketing, insurance, information technology, and project management.
- Current or former CCBC students with at least 15 credit hours successfully completed in any discipline within the last five years.
- An alumnus of CCBC who has graduated with a credit degree or credit certificate.
- A non-credit graduate of any of the certificate or apprenticeship programs offered by CCBC.
- A student in the final year of a non-credit apprenticeship program offered by CCBC.
You can participate individually or as a team. At least one team member must meet the eligibility requirements. All participants should thoroughly read all disclosures and terms & conditions before applying to the competition. Previous winners of the competition are not eligible
How is the event judged
The judges will review and judge each business plan.Learn more about how the event is judged »
Terms and Conditions
Read Terms and Conditions »
Read Disclosures »
|Intent to participate deadline
||Sunday, October 6
|Executive Summary Business Plan (5-7 pages) deadline
||Sunday, November 10
||Nov 11 - Nov 17
|12 finalists matched with mentors
||Monday, November 25
|Mentor/mentee reception social
||Friday, December 6
|Business Plan Pitch workshop for 12 finalists
||Saturday, January 11
|Full Business Plan (12-15 pages) deadline
||Thursday, January 16
||Saturday, Jan 25 (Feb 1 snow date)
|Dinner & awards ceremony
||Saturday, Jan 25 (Feb 1 snow date)
|Center for Business Innovation Incubator
||March 2 - May 9
CCBC's Center for Business Innovation's Business Plan Competition has been the launching pad for many new businesses. Congratulations to our winners!
View the previous winners of the Business Plan Competition »
CCBC’s Center for Business Innovation held its final round of the 6th Annual Business Plan Competition on January 25 at CCBC Catonsville. This annual event featured 10 finalists vying for $28,500 in seed money and the opportunity to work with CCBC’s top students to get their businesses off the ground.