Become a Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader
Tutors play a vital role in the Student Success Center. They are knowledgeable, reliable, patient, positive and hard-working. They not only work with students to help them become independent learners, master content material, and employ good study skills but they also assist in the day-to-day operations of the Student Success Center.
Requirements: Content competency, faculty recommendations, a minumum competitive GPA of 3.0, interpersonal and communication skills, sensitivity, understanding and the ability to relate to students with various academic levels and needs.
Rewards: Confidence,a greater and more in-depth understanding of the subject, real experience working with individuals from various countries, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds, improved communication skills
Directions to Apply for Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader
1. Go to http://www.ccbcmdjobs.com
2. Select "Search Postings."
a. At "Job Title" open the drop-down menu.
b. Scroll down to "Tutor-(Math/Science) Essex Student Success Center." Use for Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader.
c. Click "Search" at the bottom of the screen.
d. The search results should show one record.
e. Click "View" for the job description/responsibilities and requirements.
3. Click "Apply for this Posting."
4. Login to continue:
a. New applicant - Fill out a new application.
b. Existing users - Login to your existing account. (User name and password are required.)
5. Complete application and save.
6. Attach an electronic copy of unofficial transcripts for all postsecondary schools listed on the application.
7. During the fall and spring semesters working hours are as follows: Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 9 pm, Friday from 8 am to 4 pm, and Saturday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Email the hours you are available to work to Bernadette Heck Becker, email@example.com.
8. If you are a CCBC student, obtain two faculty recommendations. Print the Faculty Recommendation form and forward to your instructor.
9. Whenever possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. However, at the time of your interview, you will need to sign a printed copy of your application form.
Without a doubt, tutoring is hard work, but it's worth it. For more information, contact the Student Success Center at 443-840-1820 or visit us in A-307.