• 21 courses in 21 months

    21 in 21: Ready. Set. Go!

    Want to accelerate your future?  CCBC’s flexible scheduling means you can take all 21 courses required for your degree in 21 months, online.

Prepare for what’s next with General Studies online

A flexible option that opens doors
The General Studies online degree and certificate offer on-demand flexibility. They’re both smart options for anyone planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree after graduating from CCBC.

The online options are a good fit if you:

  • like to take charge of your learning.
  • want to design your own course of study. 
  • have  accumulated credits from other programs at CCBC, or even other colleges.
In the General Studies online degree program, you will acquire a foundation of well-rounded skills to pursue a variety of academic disciplines and careers after CCBC. It’s the first step toward a bright future.

Ready. Set. Go!
And, if you want to accelerate your future, CCBC’s flexible scheduling means you can take all 21 courses required for the online degree in just 21 months.

CCBC offers these general studies online degree and certificate options:

Program Credential Delivery Method Time to Completion
General Studies Associate of Arts Fully online 2 years or less
General Studies Credit Certificate Fully online Less than 1 year
CCBC also offers these programs onsite. Choose the option that’s best for you!

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements

CCBC is authorized to offer online classes to out-of-state students.

As a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is approved to offer online learning courses and programs to students in all NC-SARA states. This agreement allows students to have a wider variety of education offerings as well as improved resolution of student complaints. Please note that, currently, California is not an NC-SARA state, but CA students attending CCBC still can receive Title IV funds.

For a list of higher education contacts to resolve complaints per state, please use the U.S. Department of Education site. Choose the state that you are in, and then search for the Higher Education contact.