Active Employee BenefitsAll documents are made available to employees on SharePoint.
For other requests, please call CCBC Benefits Helpline: 443.840.4398
Transparency in Coverage RulesPlease visit Cigna.com to review machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. These machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, an application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Health and Medical
- Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna Open Access Plus In Network (OAPIN)
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- For CIGNA Plans - included in Cigna Plan Medical Premiums
- Kaiser - included in Kaiser Medical Premium
Emotional, drug/alcohol abuse treatment, both inpatient and outpatient, provided when pre-approved. Premium included in medical care plan. CCBC recognizes an employee's well-being. We offer coverage and ancillary programs such as support for sleep and relaxation, walking programs and telehealth for counseling sessions.
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Traditional
- CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield Regional Preferred
- Cigna Dental HMO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield/Davis Vision
- Benefit Strategies Health
- Benefit Strategies Dependent Care
- Employee Basic Life Insurance is 1 times your salary with a minimum of $50,000. CCBC pays 90% of the premium, while the employee pays 10%
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance is available in multiples of $10,000 with a maximum of $200,000. Supplemental Term Life Insurance is available for spouse (increments of $10,000 to a maximum of 50% of employee combined basic and supplemental amount) and dependents ($10,000). Supplemental Term Life Insurance is 100% employee paid.
Permanent Whole Life Insurance: Unum
- Permanent Whole Life Insurance with Optional Long Term Care rider available through Unum. Available to full-time employees, part-time associates, and adjunct faculty.
- Spouse and dependent coverage available. Permanent Whole Life Insurance accrues cash value, premiums will not increase, and coverage will not decrease. Permanent Whole Life Insurance is 100% employee paid.
Individual or Family Coverage. Employee pays a rate in multiples of $10,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
Plan pays 60% of gross monthly salary after 90 consecutive days of absence. Employee pays 100% of premium.
- Maryland State Teacher’s Pension System (7% contributory)
- Optional Retirement Plan (non-contributory - the state contributes 7.25%)
- Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System (7% contributory)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Legal Resources is a pre-paid legal voluntary benefit for advice, consultation and representation for commonly used legal services.
First Financial Federal Credit Union membership available to employees.
It's convenient, safe, reliable and saves time. No waiting for your check on payday. The money is already in your account, whether you are at work or on vacation. Mandatory payroll direct deposit allows employees the control and flexibility of directing their pay to different accounts at any bank, in any location.
Work and Family
Free personal advocates assisting you and any household member to resolve any issues.
Paid Leave Benefits
Academic, Bereavement, Sick and Safe Leave, Jury Duty, Religious Holidays, Military Leave, Sabbatical, Personal, Vacation, and Holidays.
Eligible full-time employees may qualify for waiver or reimbursement programs. Spouses and legal dependents up to age 22 are eligible for reimbursement with proof of successful completion and a C or better grade. Employee’s eligible for Tuition Assistance become eligible for the external Tuition reimbursement program the first semester after one calendar year of employment. Eligibility for waiver or reimbursement for CCBC courses begins after the completion of a 90 day probation for public safety and classified employees.
Academic Cash Award
Classified employees are eligible for a lump sum award of $500 for completion of an unduplicated college degree.
McDaniel College’s Educator’s Legacy Scholarship Program
CCBC is proud to offer an exciting new benefit to all benefits-eligible employees! Read more »McDaniel College has extended its Educator’s Legacy Scholarship (ELS) program to CCBC benefits-eligible employees. CCBC is among the inaugural community college partners.
Children of ANY current full-time benefits-eligible CCBC employee with at least four years of continuous full-time employment are eligible to receive a scholarship valued at up to $100,000 over four (4) years.
The scholarship will first take effect in the fall semester. The CCBC Employee Benefits Team will provide verification of employment. Excellent teaching is McDaniel College's priority and its legacy. The College's expert faculty-mentors empower students to achieve their personal best, and many graduates go on to become top K-12 educators.
Since 2010, four of McDaniel's graduates were named state Teachers of the Year, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year Michelle Shearer. McDaniel is ranked among Money Magazine's 50 Best Liberal Arts Colleges and offers more than 70 undergraduate programs of study. The personalized curriculum and student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every student. McDaniel College welcomes the sons and daughters of CCBC employees!
Mandated Federal Benefits
Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, Social Security.
For Your Convenience
- ATM machines are available at each of the main campuses
- Check cashing with appropriate ID
- Free Parking
- Access to weight lifting facilities, swimming pool and library